Camera360 Ultimate unsurprisingly lives in the photography section of the Android Market and bills itself as the most famous and perfect camera application allowing you to take more amazing, funny and interesting photographs. So, are the claims of perfection founded or just an attempt by the developer to stand out in a crowded market place?
Camera360 Ultimate is developed by PinGuo Inc., and from first glance looks like a well put together, professional application. I am however always wary of application screen shots that are created using a package like Photoshop as opposed to actually showing in app screen dumps taking from a test device or simulator. This may just be a personal dislike of mine, but I would prefer to see physical screens of software in operation.
The feature list of the Camera360 Ultimate app seems quite extensive, and covers the majority of the effects that I would expect to see in an application glorifying itself as ‘perfect':
- Effects like LOMO, retro effect, dreamlike effect, black and white art effect, back to 1839 and night enhancement features which will apparently make your photographs look beautiful.
- A self proclaimed amazing HDR effect which claims to be even better than the HDR on an iOS device.
- Unique funny mode with effects like surrealistic black and white paining, vertical/horizontal left and right symmetry and the addition of ghosts into a photograph.
- Unique scenery mode which takes interesting composite photographs allowing you to choose whether you want to be in an art painting, movie poster, outdoor advertisement or one of the other greeting cards available.
- Unique tilt-shift and colour-shift modes allowing you to see the world from another angle.
- The ability to share the photograph to Sina Microblog, Facebook and Twitter.
It may just be me as my interests and passions lie elsewhere, generally away from photography, but reading the feature list above as taken from the Android Market, I am a little confused as to what some of the effects and features are.
The application has certainly seen a large number of user downloads, sitting somewhere between one million and five million downloads with over 27,000 reviews left, the large majority of which are five star ratings. The developer also has quite a comprehensive website dedicated to support of this application, with frequently asked questions and in depth help and guidance.
Version 2.7.0 is the most recent release, with the developer making the application free of charge over the Christmas period. The what’s new entry on the Android Market states:
All functions, no ads, no limit. To celebrate Christmas, Camera360 for Android is all free for anyone anywhere on the earth.
A nice touch from PinGuo Inc consider this application is a well put together, professional looking piece of software which is worthy of its original price tag. You can grab Camera360 Ultimate now free of charge from the Android Market before the price is reinstated after the holidays.
Download Camera360 Ultimate for Android [Market link]
You may also like to check out:
Be sure to check out our Android Apps gallery to explore more apps for your Android device.