Beam Authentic, a new technology-based startup, has announced a $99 app-controlled wearable button that will allow owners to “have fun and be creative with GIFs, slideshows, & Beams.”
The hardware – called BEAM – is an attempt to capitalize on the currently growing wearables market and will come with the obligatory native app that allows users to take full control of the BEAM button.
The premise behind the BEAM is that it essentially allows owners to display whatever they see fit on the integrated OLED panel and wear it loud and proud on their clothing or baggage. The company is hoping to start conversations with those around us by having a new wearable with constantly changing visuals and social sharing aspects.
From a hardware perspective, the BEAM wearable comes with an integrated OLED panel. If it’s good enough for Apple and iPhone X, then it’s most definitely good enough for this startup. That display sports a resolution of 400 x 400 pixels, displaying millions of colors and offering a vibrant and impressive visual experience.
The company is also promising a full 24-hours of usage with the current internal battery, with the potential to extend that to 48-hours by using built-in power management features. There’s also a decent internal capacity, which allows the little device to store up to 100 items in memory. That includes slideshows, GIFs, and Beams.
In addition to being able to put different content on the device and upload photographs through the app or design your own creation for the BEAM, the device also comes with a useful panic mode. This mode means that a user can hold the function button for a period of 10-seconds to have his or her location and text message sent to a pre-defined contact or contacts. The current system allows a panic call to be issued to four individual contacts at once. This is all set up through the accompanying app.
The company is offering the BEAM wearable finished in either black or white, with each purchase coming with a magnetic attachment set, two fashionable skins to make it different from the normal hardware, and an attachment strap for those who prefer to use that. If you’re looking to part with $99 for a product of this nature, then you can grab one over at beamauthentic.com.
You may also like to check out:
- Downgrade To iOS 11.1.2 For Upcoming Jailbreak And Keep iOS 11.2.1 Data Intact, Here’s How
- iOS 11.2.5 Beta 1 Changes, Release Notes And Changelog Details You Need To Know About
- Download: iOS 11.2.5 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released For iPhone And iPad
- iOS 11.2.1 Release Notes / Changelog: Here Are All New Changes
- Download iOS 11.2.1 IPSW Links And OTA Update With Critical Fix
- Download iOS 11, 11.2, 11.1.2 Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7 Plus, 6s, 6, SE, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Downgrade iOS 11 / 11.2.1 To 11.1.2 On iPhone Or iPad [How-To Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.2.1 / 11.1.2 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]