It’s been a huge week for Apple VP Craig Federighi, and with Apple announcing the iPhone X alongside other things during a media event this past Tuesday, it was left to him to demonstrate the new phone’s headline feature – Face ID.
The new security solution takes a user’s face and turns it into their method of unlocking their iPhone X, and as always, with such high profile features, there was a demonstration on-stage.
Unfortunately, things didn’t go according to plan, although we now know that Face ID was actually behaving as it should. Nevertheless, some people are still sceptical about Face ID but Federighi says they won’t be once they use it. Apple’s software engineering head was speaking with commentator John Gruber during an episode of his The Talk Show podcast, and as you would expect, the subject of Face ID came up early on.
According to Federighi, Apple’s is confident that when we all start to use the feature ourselves, all of our doubts will “melt away.”
Honestly, we’re just all counting the days that customers can finally get their hands on these, because I think just like with Touch ID, initially people thought ‘oh, Apple’s done something that’s totally not going to work and I’m not a believer and I’m not gonna use this feature.’ Now everyone’s worried because they can’t imagine life without Touch ID. We’re going to see exactly the same thing with Face ID.
During the interview, Federighi repeatedly said that Face ID “just works,” which has become something of an unofficial slogan since the Steve Jobs era, and if Face ID works anywhere near as well as both Apple and those who have first or second hand dealings with an iPhone X claim, then we may not miss Touch ID anywhere near as much as we initially feared.
The iPhone X will go on sale on November 3rd, so we have a little while to wait before we can make that judgement for ourselves.
The interview with Craig Federighi is well worth listening to. You can listen to it at source link below.
(Source: Daring Fireball)
You may also like to check out:
- Ares Wizard Kodi Addon / Repo On Krypton In 2017: How To Install The Right Way
- Apple’s Face ID Vs Touch ID Comparison: Which Is Better And More Secure?
- Unlocked / SIM-Free iPhone X Price In USA, UK, India, China And More
- Unlocked SIM-Free iPhone 8 / 8 Plus Price In USA, UK, India, China And More
- iOS 11 GM Download IPSW Links And OTA Golden Master Update Released
- Download iOS 11 Links & Install On iPhone 7, 7 Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]