Apple just released its figures for Q3 2017 and the results pan out to $45.4b in revenue from 41m iPhones, 11.4m iPads, and 4.29m Macs sold.
Apple’s quarterly earnings calls are always a fun experience if only to find out which analyst is going to be the one to ask the most ridiculous question at a time where they have an almost captive audience, but the real big fish is the earnings report itself.
While comparing numbers like that against the previous quarter can often be problematic, we are going to do it anyway! Last quarter saw Apple report $52.9 billion in revenue, $11.03 billion in profit, 50.7 million iPhones, 8.92 million iPads, and 4.19 million Macs. Where things are really interesting though is when you compare figures with the same quarter a year prior, and when we do that we have numbers of $42.4 billion in revenue, $7.8 billion in profit, 40.4 millions iPhones sold, 9.9 million iPads sold, and 4.2 million Macs sold.
With that in mind, it’s clear that Apple has had a pretty good three months indeed this time around. Here’s what Apple CEO Tim Cook had to say about it:
“With revenue up 7 percent year-over-year, we’re happy to report our third consecutive quarter of accelerating growth and an all-time quarterly record for Services revenue. We hosted an incredibly successful Worldwide Developers Conference in June, and we’re very excited about the advances in iOS, macOS, watchOS and tvOS coming this fall.”
With a revenue growth of 7% we expect few people inside Apple to be grumbling about these results, though there will no doubt be plenty of those outside the company willing to chime in. The area that usually garners the most attention after iPhone though is iPad sales which have generally slowed ever since the tablet market first got underway. However, this time around iPad sales (possibly due to 2017 9.7-inch iPad – 10.5-inch iPad Pro and new 12.9-inch iPad Pro sales are not included) are actually up when compared to the same period last year or the previous quarter of this. If even the iPad detractors have nothing to whinge about, the next few hours may be quiet ones! Oh and the newer iPad Pros and iOS 11, alongside iPhone 8, will only make it for prettier reading for Apple come Q4 2017 time.
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 10.3.2 Jailbreak Might Be Possible After Userspace Research Tool By Ian Beer Has Been Released
- Download Gearboy IPA Of Game Boy Emulator On iOS 10 [No Jailbreak Required]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Leaked In Full Glory [Photos]
- Download iOS 10.3.3 Final IPSW Links For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
- How To Get watchOS 4 Phone Dialer On watchOS 3 Apple Watch
- Pokemon Go 1.39.1 IPA And 0.69.1 Hack Available To Download Now
- Jailbreak iOS 10.3.3 / 10.3.2 / 10.3.1 / 10.3 For iPhone And iPad [Latest Status Update]
- Download iOS 11 Beta 4 & Install On iPhone 7, 7 Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]