The moment we all have been waiting for is finally here! Apple CEO Tim Cook has just taken the stage at Cupertino, which obviously means the iPad / Mac event has begun. Cook has kicked off things by announcing a number of stats and updates regarding Apple’s performance over the past year.
The highlights from the opening session of the keynote are as follows:
- Keynote kicked off with a video on iPhone 6 launch from September.
- iPhone 6/6 Plus are the fastest selling iPhones in history.
- The biggest iPhone launch ever for Apple.
- Apple Pay is launching on October 20th, Monday.
- WatchKit for Apple Watch is launching next month.
- iOS 8 install base is at 48%.
- Federighi gave a recap of iOS 8 and OS X Yosemite features.
(Developing story.. hit refresh for updates!)