Apple’s iPhone X is only a couple of weeks in the wild, but one of the features that continues to prove popular is Animoji. Animated emoji that use the iPhone X’s TrueDepth camera system in order to become animated based on a user’s facial expressions, Animoji have taken over social media since the iPhone X’s introduction on November 3rd.
Now a new app has been made available that allows users to record never ending videos of their Animoji while also changing the background color. There’s a livestream option, too.
Created by Guilherme Rambo of HomePod software fame, AnimojiStudio is perhaps understandably not available via the App Store. That means that you will need to install it via the sideloading method made available by Cydia Impactor, so be sure to check out our guide (linked below) on using that, too. With the app installed, perhaps the most useful feature is the ability to record Animoji videos without any time limit as Apple officially limits them to ten seconds in iMessage. Further, doing so will not pause audio playback from other apps, something that can be important when creating your karaoke videos!
Record Animoji videos with unlimited duration with this standalone app.
This app uses the private AvatarKit framework, the same one that’s used by Apple’s iMessage app. It leverages ReplayKit’s screen recording capabilities to allow for longer recordings than the standard app.
You can also choose to record with or without audio.
NOTE: This app uses a private framework, therefore it will not be published on the App Store and can only be installed by compiling and running from Xcode or sideloading the IPA. Please do not file issues about installation problems, that’s out of the scope of this project.
AnimojiStudio uses the private AvatarKit framework, which is the same one used by Apple’s iMessage app and explains why this is never going to be allowed onto the App Store.
If you want to try AnimojiStudio out, it can be downloaded for free here, and as we said earlier, you can follow our Cydia Impactor guide to get the app onto your iPhone here.
AnimojiStudio works on iPhone X only.
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 11.2 Beta 4 Changes, Release Notes And Changelog Details You Need To Know About
- iOS 11.2 Beta 4 Download Released For Testing [Updated]
- iOS 11.1.2 Changelog, Release Notes, Security Content Released
- GBA4iOS 2.1.1 IPA Download For iOS 11 Adds Fix For Dropbox Sync Issue
- Download iOS 11.1.2 IPSW Links And OTA Update For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
- Downgrade iOS 11 / 11.1.2 On iPhone Or iPad [How-To Guide]
- Download iOS 11, 11.1.2, 11.1.1 Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7 Plus, 6s, 6, SE, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1.2 / 11.1.1 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]