The rumor mill is in overdrive right now, and when the iPhone 8 is not the topic of discussion, attentions turn instead to the iPad Pro 2, and whether we will see new versions of the powerful tablet any time soon. The suggestion is yes, we will, and a new report by MacRumors adds credence to existing claims that we may get at least one new iPad Pro 2 as soon as next week.
Having previously received news that Apple is getting ready to release a new device next week, MacRumors is today noting that Japanese analysts are also now suggesting that a new iPad Pro, in 9.7-inch guise, will be released next week.
The claims are apparently based on supply chain murmurings and the fact that stock is running dry, though that is by no means a guarantee that something is afoot.
If the release window of next week is accurate, then it would appear that Apple will unleash its newly updated iPad Pro via a press release rather than at a media event. Apple likes to give press ten days notice before an event, suggesting next week is just too close for Apple to pull something out of the bag.
Rumors have the iPad Pro 2 receiving little in the way of updates, suggesting an iterative release and further adding fuel to the suggestion that a press release unveiling is on the cards. The only real change we expect for the tablet as of right now is the addition of quad microphones and a new CPU – not the kind of update for which you drag press to a media event.
We will know more by a week on Friday, but if you are in the market for an iPad Pro, now might not be the best of times to buy one.
You might also like to check out:
- Logs Show Four New iPad Models Might Be In Testing At Apple
- You Can Now Try Out The Hidden iOS 10.3 Floating iPad Keyboard In Swift Playgrounds
- Report: 10.5-Inch And 12.9 iPad Pro Models Will Not Ship Until May Or June This Year
- iOS 11 Beta Download, Rumors, Features, Release Date [Everything We Know So Far]
- Download Kodi 17 Krypton IPA File On iOS 10 iPhone Or iPad
- Install Theos On iOS 10 To Create Apps & Jailbreak Tweaks Without Computer, Here’s How